Bay Instruments have a range of portable test gear for to enable the calibration of most instruments in their installed location.
These include –
- Temperature bath and hot block
- A range of hand held pressure pumps and gauges.
- Two battery powered portable flow rigs
- PH buffers and conductivity standards
- Oxygen calibration gas
The accuracy of a wide range of instrumentation can be verified and calibration certificates provided.
Temperature calibration needs to be routinely carried out in a number of applications for either auditing requirements or quality control. These include –
- Critical process points
- Timber drying kilns
- Chillers and freezers
Our test gear is checked annually at an IANZ Accredited Calibration laboratory and
include a stirred Water Bath, Hot Block and portable digital indicators.
A range of digital pressure gauges and hand pumps enable calibration checks from 1 mbar absolute to 200 bar gauge pressure. Calibration checks carried out include –
- Critical plant pressure indications
- Static head level measurement
- Pressure switch interlocks
- Pressure gauges
We have two flow rigs which are battery powered and completely portable.
A micromotion CMF Elite 0.5 inch mass flow meter which is very accurate at flow
rates of 20 kg/hour to 6000 kg/hour
A 40mm mag flow for flow rates of 5000 to 20000 litres /hour
These rigs can be piped up in series with critical plant flow meters in place, and either
rates or flow totals verified. In applications like –
- Batching additive flow meters
- Plant inlet and outlet totalizers
- Product blending
The portable mass flow rig is also used to check calibration of weigh tanks and hoppers.
Calibration and maintenance is carried out on a wide range of analytic instrumentation
- PH meters
- Flue gas analysers (Oxygen, SO2, CO, CO2)